Crest Pointe is proud to be at the forefront of progressive COVID care! Here’s what you need to know about Bamlanivimab Monoclonal Infusion:
WHAT IS BAM TREATMENT?
- Monoclonal antibodies are laboratory made proteins that mimic the immune system’s ability to fight off harmful pathogens.
- Monoclonal antibody-based therapies have the greatest likelihood of having an impact in the earliest stages of infection before an effective immune response has been triggered.
- The therapy is a one time dose of IV medication that should be administered as soon as possible after a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and within 10 days of the first onset of symptoms.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
- Patients with mild to moderate COVID-19 who are at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19 and/or hospitalization.
- Patient must not currently be hospitalized.
- Patient must not currently require increased oxygen due to COVID infection.
- Patient must be at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19 and/or hospitalization which is defined as age >/=65 yrs and those + 55 years with underlying illnesses.
WHY INPATIENT RECOVERY?
- The elderly and/or individuals with co-morbidities may be more impacted by Covid-19. Often their weakened conditions are unmanageable in their home environment due to existing or lacking social support.
- Recovery in a skilled nursing environment allows the individual to receive treatment and regain strength with the support of a licensed team of nurses and therapists.
- Inpatient medical oversight by primary and specialty physicians provides valuable medical support an individual may not receive in their home setting.
HOW DO I REFER A PATIENT?
- Contact Loretta Shopene 908-910-0489 or Jessica Cartnick at 848-210-6096 for expedited patient qualification and admission arrangements.
- Same Day Admissions can occur with qualified patient cases.