As we celebrate Occupational Therapy Month we would like for you to learn more about our very own Director of Rehab Services, Dana Walsh, OTR/L.
1. Can you briefly describe what you do all day?
A. As the Director of Rehab Services I manage day to day operations and provide oversight in evaluating and treating our Occupational Therapy caseload.
2. What is the best thing about being an Occupational Therapist?
A. The best thing is about seeing the success and improvements of our patients.
3. What’s been one of your proudest moments working for your center?
A. There have been so many proud moments here. But mostly seeing those who make the greatest gains.
4. What do you like to do when you’re not in the Therapy Gym?
A. Spend time with family, read, and travel.
5. What inspires you?
A. The patients we treat. They inspire creativity. They inspire us to learn more and inspire passion for our jobs.
6. If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?
A. I would have to pick having a Magic Healthcare Wand.
7. What is the song title that best describes your personality?
A. The best song that describes my personality would be, “Let it Be” by The Beatles.
8. What are six words or less of advice for others in your profession?
A. Be honest. Be passionate. Be creative.